Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 3 - Favorite Recipe

Crockpot Angel Chicken

Throw the following ingredients into crockpot:
6-8 large frozen chicken breasts, or equivalent chicken tenders (Don't need to thaw first. Can use fresh if you want, but I love this recipe because you can just throw things from your freezer into your crockpot!)
1 small tub or block of cream cheese (I use fat-free)
1 can Campbell's golden mushroom soup (I don't even like mushrooms, but it doesn't taste "mushroom" at all. If you use cream of chicken or something it's not at all the same. This is something I wouldn't substitute unless you have a 'shroom allergy.)
1 packet Italian dressing mix (just the powder, don't mix it with anything)
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1/4 stick butter
a drizzle of canola oil

Cook in crock on low all day or high about 4 hours. Serve over angel hair pasta

This is the best recipe ever....... given to me from my mommy's board

No comments: